Tim is a Senior Consultant within the Brown Plus Outsourced Accounting Services Practice. He has over forty years of finance and accounting experience working with private and public companies, as well as a strong public accounting background. He primarily focuses on providing outsourced chief financial officer (CFO) and other business advisory services to clients in varying industries, including financial services, real estate and manufacturing and distribution. He also has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, as well as complex financial accounting and reporting matters.
Tim has served as the CFO of several privately held companies, including an asset management firm and a food processing and distribution company. Tim was also the Chief Accounting Officer of one of the largest international asset management firms, Legg Mason, Inc. and an Internal Audit Director for Freddie Mac.
Tim earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from Loyola University, Maryland.
Voluntary Professional Leadership Positions
- Financial Executives International – Baltimore Chapter Board Member
- Asset Management Industry Accounting Policy Group – Founding Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Asset Management Revenue Recognition Task Force – Former Member
- Association for Corporate Growth - Maryland Chapter Member
- Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG) - Member
- Loyola University, Maryland Accounting Advisory Board - Former Member
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) Asset Management Accounting Policy Group - Former Member
- Baltimore Educational Scholarship Trust - Board of Trustees, Executive Committee and Finance Committee Member and Audit Committee Chair
- Immaculate Conception Church - Former Board of Trustees Finance Committee Member