At Brown Plus, we strongly believe in being active in local organizations, because we believe our success is tied directly to the success of the communities in which we live and work. Our Firm gives back to over 100 organizations throughout the year, sponsoring events and fundraising efforts of local nonprofits, as well as volunteering our time and expertise. We also encourage our team members to embrace that message and have many team members who are involved with community organizations as board members, volunteers, committee members and more.
In 2022, Brown Plus team members:
- Recorded 2,971 collective hours of volunteer service;
- Served on 107 nonprofit boards and committees;
- Participated in the United Way of the Capital Region’s Day of Caring;
- Volunteered to help the City of Harrisburg with landscaping at Italian Lake;
- Raised over $3,000 for the United Way of the Capital Region at our Indoor Mini Golf Tournament; and
- Adopted 47 children’s holiday wish lists through the Salvation Army of Harrisburg, Lancaster Corps, York and Frederick County.
Brown Plus Charitable Fund
In 2019, Brown Plus started the Brown Plus Charitable Fund. The goal of the Charitable Fund is to give our team members another avenue by which they can contribute to the nonprofit organizations that support our community. Our team members regularly submit nonprofit organizations to an internal review committee that approves the requests with a maximum contribution amount of $500.
Since its inception in 2019, the Brown Plus Charitable Fund has supported more than 150 nonprofit organizations with approximately $70,000 in charitable contributions.
To learn more about the Brown Plus Charitable Fund, please visit https://www.lancfound.org/fund/brown-plus-charitable-fund/.