Matt is a Principal with Brown Plus and a key member of the Firm’s Tax Department.
Matt has over 18 years of public accounting experience. He leads the Craft Beverage Group at Brown Plus, specializes in Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credit consulting and serves a variety of industries including craft beverage, insurance, construction, real estate, manufacturing and financial services.
Matt is responsible for reviewing federal and multi-state income tax returns for various entity types including corporations, partnerships and individuals along with providing tax planning and consulting services. He also reviews, responds to and resolves IRS and multi-state Department of Revenue tax notices and issues.
As chair of the Brown Plus Tax Technical Committee, Matt is also responsible for communicating tax law changes and providing education and training both internally to members of the Firm and externally to clients and trade organizations.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University.
Awards and Honors
- Central Penn Business Journal‘s Forty Under 40 Award Winner – 2021
- Leadership Harrisburg Area – Class of 2019
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- American Cancer Society – Central Pennsylvania Advisory Board - Chair
- PA Parks and Forests Foundation – Finance Committee Member
- United Way of the Capital Region – Bridges Advisory Committee Member
- The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC) – Dream Team Member