As President, Managing Principal and Shareholder at Brown Plus, Ken leads the Firm in its mission to help people achieve extraordinary outcomes. He is responsible for directing the Firm’s culture, vision and growth strategy, as well as managing the Firm’s professional services and internal operations.
Ken views growth through the lens of innovation, focusing on looking to the future of the Firm and our industry. He is committed to ensuring that Brown Plus continues to help our clients achieve their goals and looks for new opportunities to expand value-added services to benefit our clients.
In addition to a focus on clients, Ken is dedicated to making Brown Plus a great place to work. He prioritizes enacting policies and benefits that not only focus on recruiting and retention, but also on developing future Firm leaders. He is also a fierce advocate of the Firm’s efforts to increase diversity, equity and inclusion, both within Brown Plus and the public accounting industry.
Ken strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which one lives and works. He is highly involved with many of the Firm’s charitable initiatives, including establishing the Brown Plus Charitable Gift Fund. Ken is also highly involved in various capacities with nonprofits in the Central Pennsylvania region.
In addition to his leadership of the Firm, Ken also provides audit, tax and advisory services to clients within a variety of industries, with a specialization in construction, real estate, manufacturing and other for-profit sectors.
Ken earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Grace College in Winona Lake, Indiana.
Awards and Honors
- Central Penn Business Journal’s Power 100 list – 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Accounting Today’s Managing Partner Elite – 2022
- Central Penn Business Journal‘s Game Changers: Most Admired CEO – 2020
- Central Penn Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 Award Winner – 2003
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Building Industry Association (BIA) of Lancaster County
- Keystone Chapter of the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- The Salvation Army Harrisburg Capital City Region – Advisory Board Member
- Cornerstone Ministries in Elizabethtown - Board Member and Treasurer
- Elizabethtown Rotary Club - Member and Past President
- Whitaker Center – Board Member Emeritus and Former Treasurer